Monday, January 13, 2014

Luv!

I was recently challenged by a good friend to write my version of what I think the difference is between being in love and feeling love for someone..... Well..... I haven't quite figured that out yet, but here's something else I was thinking about.
What if I related to love as something that no one could take way, give, receive, throw away, leave and share? What if I related to love as something that just is? It sounds way more freeing in a lot of ways! The concept that no one could take away their love for me,  I would never worry or think about that if love just IS. I could relate to people with love, with a completely open heart, no filters, no strings attached, just feel the fullness of love for everyone that we meet. Granted my bond with certain individuals would be stronger than others, like kids and mates and family. The love however  would be the same for everyone, no more, no less. There in the air the love would be, in every breath I take, in every interaction I make, in every smile and scowl I see.

2 comments:

  1. That is funny, this is exactly how I've come to see love. When I was writing my wedding vows, I researched different traditions. One of them was breaking a glass to symbolize that life is fragile. I thought, that is silly! and we changed ours to the 'smashing of the beer cans' to symbolize that love is always there, ever abundant and easy (all you have do is say yes). I have a quote that I read every morning, and I try to live it each day. “Love deeply. It is not a question of relationship. Love is a way of life. Be loving - to the trees, to the animals, to the birds, to the rocks, to the pebble. It is not a question of to whom, it is a question of your heart throbbing with love. It has nothing to do with the object of love but with the subjectivity of love.

    Then suddenly you have the Midas touch: whatsoever you touch becomes golden. Small things in your hands become extraordinarily beautiful. Your actions, ordinary actions, start having the quality of the extraordinary. Then whatsoever you say is poetry and whatsoever you live is music. Even while you are asleep your energy is in a celebration.”

    I love you, Charisma!

    ReplyDelete