Friday, April 18, 2014

What if?!

Self Respect has come up a lot in my recent life lessons and honestly I suck at it. I hate admitting it on so many levels, but friends have been calling me out on it left and right and I see it in the mirror more and more. I realize that on any given day I can have more respect for people that I barely know than myself. This pattern is changing fast though! I am learning that my needs come right after my kids! It sounds easier than it is. In this lesson some questions have come up of self love and self care and listening to my heart, and soul. And when I listen from a distance it can seem like they are not aligned, but when I listen closely from an open and quiet space they are in sync saying the same things and in harmony with each other.
What if tomorrow we woke up and loved the person we saw in the mirror? What if we felt love for every single bump, lump, sag, bruise, wrinkle, crease and imperfection. What if all those imperfections were perfect and completely worthy of just as much love as the perfections. What if we could see all our imperfections through the eyes of a friend or loved one that sees all those imperfections as perfections?

No comments:

Post a Comment