Friday, January 20, 2012

Boundaries!

Setting boundaries, claiming boundaries.............. Some feel great, others make me want to cry. Today was a big day in the world of boundaries. I set some, tried not forget some and cleared some up. Interesting to me how clear boundaries can be set and then in a blink of an eye, I shock myself with pushing it. "S" and I put up some very important ones today really for us and for the boys and yet there are so many grey areas and yet I feel safe.. There sure is no book for this, no set of rules, no guidelines and still I am pleased with how today went. There was no blame, no shame and no hurt today. Accepting things I CANNOT change is a big lesson for me and reminding myself constantly to focus on things that I can change and want to change and release and be at peace with the things I can't.
Today I also realized I am a bit of a glutton for punishment, like why would I ask questions to things I didn't really want to know the answer to and had to keep being reminded that the answers didn't matter and that I didn't want to know them anyways.
There is really no better teachers than the ones right in front of our faces: testing, pushing and showing us where are strengths and weaknesses are.

No comments:

Post a Comment